Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Plan, complete and supervise the preparation of construction documents related to the conceptual design, schematic design, and/or detailed design according to client goals, needs, and budgets.
- Establish the factual parameters of the design work (e.g., code, site restrictions, budget and schedule restraints); identify building systems options and related performance and cost criteria.
- Adhere to the project schedule and budget while identifying changes to the scope of the work, and related repercussions on project schedule and budget.
- Collaborate with external consultants – MEP, Structural Engineering, Civil/Landscape – as well as subconsultants.
- Perform in-house construction administration duties such as responding to RFI’s, reviewing and approving drawings, issuing bulletins, etc.
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with construction documents.
- May prepare client project presentations, studies, and reports.
- Provide mentorship and embrace opportunities for learning with less experienced staff throughout the course of the project.
EDUCATION: Professional Degree in Architecture required; license preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5–7 years;
- Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation and construction materials.
- Experience with coordination of multiple design disciplines required for developing complete documents.
- Strong knowledge base of building codes, standards, building structures, and engineering systems.
- Experience leading others preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Proficient in AutoCAD and experience with Revit.
Personal Characteristics / Proficiencies
- Approachable – Upbeat, outgoing and welcoming in personality with the ability to work well with different personalities and professions.
- Team Player – Skilled at working with others as a contributor, facilitating input from team members and developing the best results for the client.
- Sense of Urgency – Responsive and fast paced in style with tenacity and consistency in meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Problem Solver – Demonstrated skill in analyzing problems, determining alternatives, and working out solutions.
- Communication Skills – Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear, concise presentations and reports to the company and to clients.
- Multitasker – Highly organized, with the ability to simultaneously manage and participate in multiple functions/activities.
- Quality – Focused on getting the details right and providing the best results for the client.
- Work Ethic – Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done and to “stretch” to complete projects on time and within budget.
Renaissance Architecture provides a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Renaissance Architecture, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.